The Wedding Co.
For creative couples seeking collaborative local wedding professionals.
If you wish to create a special day that reflects you as a couple—and enjoy the wedding planning process as much as the event—we invite you to connect with members of The Wedding Co.
The Wedding Co. is pleased to present you with an edited collection of experienced, trusted and collaborative local wedding professionals, from florists and photographers to caterers and jewellery designers. Serving couples in Toronto, the GTA and southern Ontario, these individuals are as talented as they are unpretentious. We recommend them not simply because their award-winning work has been featured in magazines and on TV, but because they care about people. Their work is beautiful, and so is the experience of working with them.
To make your celebration a genuine pleasure, collaborate with people who care about your wedding as much as you do. Browse our members or meet them in person at The Wedding Co. events.
About The Wedding Co. Events
Twice a year, we bring together creative and collaborative couples and wedding professionals to share ideas at The Wedding Co. Show and The Wedding Co. Market. Except this isn’t your typical trade show: instead of a convention centre, ours take place in an urban barn. You won’t find hundreds of booths, swag bags or pricy tickets. What you will find is a curated collection of talented and passionate people waiting to connect with like-minded couples to bring their one-of-a-kind celebrations to life.
About Catherine Lash
Catherine is creative director of The Wedding Co., which she founded in 2002 after building a successful career as a freelance editorial and wedding photographer. She created The Wedding Co. to bring together a small network of remarkably talented—and exceptionally personable—wedding professionals to inspire and support couples and each other. Catherine also creates and facilitates workshops and learning experiences for people who are looking to get more from themselves and their professional life.
Contact The Wedding Co.
For information about our shows and online advertising including The List, please contact Catherine Lash at: catherine [@] theweddingco.com.
Real Weddings and Style Shoot Requirements:
- Must have taken place in Ontario within the last 12 months.
- Weddings should feature couples whose individuality is apparent in their planning and wedding day; who are style–conscious; who have a unique and local story; and, who are passionate about each other.
- Please send a mix of candid and formal shots with lots emotion as well as details that are fresh and inspiring.
- Include a complete list of suppliers, an email address for the couple, and a description detailing what make this wedding unique.
- Exclusivity ~ The Wedding Co. will only feature submissions that have not been featured elsewhere. We ask for exclusivity for 2 weeks.
How to submit:
- All images must be jpegs, 900px wide including verticals
- Please do not send high res images. Maximum file size for each image: 1MB
- Send 25-75 images
- Images can be sent directly to us as a zip file or via Dropbox, WeTransfer or Two Bright Lights
- Email us at info [ at ] theweddingco.com with subject line: WEDSUB_DDMMYYYY(date of submission, not date of wedding)_YOURCOMPANYNAME and include the list of suppliers, contact information for both the couple and yourself, and your description of the day
- If they are not attached to the email, please label any link to the images: WEDSUB_DDMMYYYY(date of submission, not date of wedding)_YOURCOMPANYNAME
- The Wedding Co. will get back to you within a week. Contact us if you do not hear from us.
Other Wedding Related Shoots:
We also accept engagement sessions, proposals, bridal showers, and rehearsal dinners.
Note: The Wedding Co. has the right to edit all photographs.
Website Design: Rivet Design Communications
Bride in window: Young Hearts Photography ~ bouquet, Sweet Woodruff Venue: Gladstone Hotel
Ring ~ Sandy Tam Photography Ring: Anne Sportun
Bride with bouquet ~ Rebecca Wood Photography Bouquet: Patchouli Design
Place setting ~ Joseph + Jaime Photography Calligraphy: Post Calligraphy
Brickworks reception ~ Luminous Weddings
Portrait Above: Catherine Farquharson