It’s Shower Season!
Welcome to Anna’s wedding shower styled, and planned, by Ashley Lindzon Events. Because it’s wedding shower season we asked Ashely to offer some tips on how to plan a wonderful shower just like Anna’s Tea Party themed shower below.
1. Pick a theme: This is not a must but certainly helps get you started. Try and choose a theme that is relevant to the bride or the wedding itself. For Anna’s shower, we chose a spring inspired tea party based on the season and her vision of a girly tea party.
2. Send invites: To set the tone, send guests a pretty invite to the shower. Megan Wappel from Megan Wappel Designs created the perfect custom tea party invitations that incorporated the pastel colours of the shower.
3. Welcome guests with a cocktail: As guests arrive greet them to something. At Anna’s shower, we set up a self-serve tea and mimosa bar for guests to start the day with a warm tea or refreshing cocktail.
4. Offer bite-sized menu items: At bridal showers, ladies like to mix and mingle while balancing a cocktail in one hand and their purse in the other. Keep things manageable and make all foods, bite size and easy to snack on. At Anna’s shower, Elyse Leanna created the perfect brunch menu including mini blueberry pancake stacks, french toast skewers and mini breakfast sliders.
5. Have seating: With bridal showers, come pretty dresses which high heels usually accompany. Do your guests a favour and offer seating. Your guests will be more comfortable and are likely to stay at your party longer. Also, it gives you an opportunity to decorate a beautiful and theme related tablescape.
6. Let your sweet table double as décor: Sweet tables have become a must have at all weddings and pre-wedding festivities, and we are very on board with this trend! What is better than a beautiful table filled with yummy treats? Since desserts can be customized to match your colour palate and enhance your theme, we suggest having it as a focal point for the event. For Anna’s sweet table, Becky at Blush and Bloom decorated a vintage dresser with a lush garland and Le Dolci created the perfect pastel sweets.
Photography: Sarah Sharpe Photography
Styling and Coordination: Ashley Lindzon Events
Invitations: Megan Wappel Designs
Flowers: Blush and Bloom
Catering: Elyse Leanna Catering
Desserts: Le Dolci
Invite and Signage: Megan Wappel Designs
Tea Cup Rentals: Happily Ever After Events
12/05Kenneth, a dentist and director of Wedge Curatorial Projects, and Sarah, a museum consultant, met through their love of art. Here is their story, and their beautiful wedding photos by Rebecca Wood. In Sarah's words. "We first met at the Burroughs building ...Read More
10/05A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of seeing the Carolina Herrera 2015 Spring Bridal Collection in NYC... now it's your turn. White Toronto will debut the collection May 23rd and 24th and you can be one of the ...Read More
09/05I am in love with these edible everyday objects! From buttons, to mushrooms, to sea glass, Andie's Specialty Treats can make anything you want edible. Here are a few of our favourite designs available from Andie's Etsy page. Bowls of these colourful ...Read More