1. How would you describe your company? JENLA Cake specializes in creating beautiful cakes and sweets for all of life’s celebrations. Every menu item is baked from scratch recipes using fresh ingredients like real butter, ripe fruit, pure vanilla, and fine chocolate. We believe in taking our time to artfully craft edible creations that you and your guests are sure to love!
2. What would you say your design style is? My signature style features cakes adorned with delicate sugar flowers. Every blossom and leaf is hand-crafted in my studio; I sometimes spend entire days sitting in the same spot on my workbench carefully shaping petals and creating gardens of sweet sugar blooms. They are truly a labour of love and many of my couples save them as a keepsake from their wedding day.
I focus on creating modern designs with clean lines and a tailored look. I draw inspiration from the unique style of every couple I meet and together we create a cake that reflects their personalities and what they envision as their dream wedding.
When I have total creative freedom, my personal design style incorporates bold colours, intricate patterns and lots of high contrast elements that my avant-garde clients love the most.
3. Describe The Collection Cakes on your website. The Collection features a range of classic and modern designs that help make choosing your cake simple and stress-free because, let’s face it, sometimes wedding planning can be overwhelming! Our pre-designed collection means that we can offer beautifully crafted cakes at a lower price point compared to our custom work while still allowing you to perfectly match the colours to your wedding.
4. What is it about working with couples to create their wedding cakes and sweets that you love? I love meeting new people and consultations usually end up going well past the hour because we’re all having a great time sharing stories and laughter. It’s almost a nostalgic feeling I get when looking back at some of my cakes and remembering the stories and people behind them. I love it when my couples are excited about their cake and I truly enjoy helping them put their ideas on paper and then transforming it into the “sweetest” part of their wedding day.
5. What should couples expect when they meet you at the show? Expect to eat some cake! I always bring lots of yummy cake samples so be sure to say hello and ask me any questions that you have!
THE WEDDING CO. MARKET
Sunday February 25th, 2018
Meet Jen at the Market!
12/02Timeless fashion. Q & A with Briar Gorton of MUIZEE, a boutique jewellery company personalizing your wedding rings and bridesmaids gifts. Meet Briar today on the blog and on Sunday February 25th at The Wedding Co. Market. 1. How would ...Read More
10/02From reptiles to roses. Q & A with Nick from Opening Night Flowers, a Toronto floral design company specializing in detailed understated elegance. See his stunning designs at The Wedding Co. Market, Sunday February 25th at the Artscape Wychwood Barns. ...Read More
09/02Getting the party started! Q & A with Jeff from Impact DJ. Find out who will be topping the charts at this years weddings! Meet Jeff at The Wedding Co. Market on Sunday February 25th! 1. How would you describe ...Read More