The Cocoa Cakery
Meet the face of The Cocoa Cakery, Christina McKenzie today on the blog and at The Wedding Co. Market, Sunday February 25th at the Artscape Wychwood Barns. Scroll down for tickets!
1. How would you describe your company? The cocoa cakery can be described in two words, artistic and personal. We love what we do and take great pride in our workmanship. Being a small company, we limit the number of customers we serve in order to serve everyone with our full attention. With 8 years of experience making wedding cakes we can work with confidence with our couples and help them to design the best cake for their day.
2. What would you say your style is? Our style is clean and classic, we love texture, sugar flowers and tiny details. Of course with such a diverse clientele, there are always the cakes that stretch us outside of our “comfort” zone, and we love that.
3. What is your favourite flavour of cake? Oh there are so many! Right now it’s really a tight race between the lavender lemon and almond cookie. Both are based on the vanilla taste profile and are rich and dreamy. The lavender lemon is a little romantic with a fresh twist, and the almond cookie is reminescient of traditional Italian cookies, so that brings back lots of lovely memories.
4. What is it about creating delicious and stunning sweets for couples that you love? One of our favourite parts is that no weeks are alike! We get to create something fresh every week which keeps it exciting. We want your cake to be the perfect reflection of your day together, bringing all the elements of design that you have so carefully chosen and on top of all that taste incredible. And of course cake scraps! Because what would cake designing be if we didn’t get to snack a little?
5. What should couples expect when they meet you at the show? Couples can expect to meet the face of the cocoa cakery at the show. I, Christina, personally handle all emails, meetings, contracts and design work on the cakes. They can expect to see some of my own personal favourite designs in both fondant and buttercream with my all time favourite technique of hand-painted cakes and cookies. I so look forward to dreaming up some beautiful designs for this year’s couples!
THE WEDDING CO. MARKET
Sunday February 25th, 2018
Meet Christine at the Market!
26/01Open your eyes to lash extensions JJ Cowan the owner of WAX & LASH has the best job, making brides eyes open up with lash extensions that will survive the elements of the day. Meet JJ here on The Wedding ...Read More
25/01A dynamic duo capturing life's precious moments. Looking for a photojournalistic approach to your wedding photography? A Q & A with Katarina and Hugh from Boakview Photography. Meet the dynamic duo at The Wedding Co. Market on Sunday February 25th, ...Read More
30/01Precious moments. Q&A with Erin Tracy, owner and lead designer at Erin Tracy Bridal & Fine Jewellery. Meet Erin and try on some of her designs at The Wedding Co. Market on February 25th. Scroll down for tickets. 1. How ...Read More